Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 33 and 34

Day 33:
Today is Sunday. Didn't plan to go out as the shopping trip yesterday 'killed' us all. Slept all the way till 1P.M!! Woke up and went for lunch at canteen 1. Ate rice and drank soup. I can say that that was the healthiest meal I ever had. The soup was not oily and it was so nourishing. I love peanut and ribs soup! Plan to go back to the same stall again tomorrow to try the other flavours.

At the dorm, something weird happened. I opened the wrapper of my Dove chocolate and..OHMYGOD! I found a barcode inside the package. I wonder if it is safe to eat. But I didn't care so much, I still gobbled up the bar of chocolate in a few mouthfuls.

Barcode in the package of chocolate. Reminds me of Charlie and Chocolate Factory.







Went to play basketball in the evening. It's good to exercise once in a while here as all the food we ate are not so healthy. I guess Singaporeans are more health-conscious than the Chinese afterall.
Went for dinner at Hua Tai Jie again. Ate tang yuan and fried rice. The tang yuan auntie is very friendly. Since we were her regular customers, she gave us one extra tang yuan each. Well..what to do ? We so support her..of course must reward us abit.
While walking back, went to the mini mart to buy stuffs. The red wine only cost 24RMB and one can of beer only cost 2RMB. That's too cheap to resist, so....
We bought one bottle of red wine.
and a can of beer.
The Chinese here don't seem to have the law whereby shops are prohibited to sell alcohol to people below the age of 18.
At the dorm, Jit Siong and Ernest bought a very big cake and invited everyone to go upstairs to eat the cake. Soon realise that it was Ernest's mother's birthday, so he bought a cake to celebrate the day.
The very BIG cake that cost 158RMB.
What a coincidence! Today's my birthday as well!

It's Satish's birthday as well =)
Peng Hoe's too!
Zhi Hui's birthday too!
Sebby's birthday too!
Not forgetting Siew Bo's 26th birthday!
Yong Xin's duno-what-birthday.
The host, Ernest's birthday as well.
Stefen's birthday too!
Ben's birthday too!
Jit's birthday too.
Sasi's birthday too.
Hwee Ping's birthday.
Not forgetting their anniversary =p
Their anniversary too!
Cutting and sharing the cake.
WOW! So coincidental! Everyone of us has the same birthday!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GUYS! =D
Noticed one ugly side of the minority Chinese today. Zhi Hui dropped a 1 Yuan coin on the floor and we were searching for it. Then, a lucky Chinese man found the coin, picked it up, smiled to himself and walked away. He was on all smiles as if he struck 4D! LOL. I think in China, every dollar means a lot to them.
-------------------------------------------------------
Day 34:
Woke up at around 12P.M today. There would be a afternoon lesson which is non-compulsory as it would be revision for our final test. But nonetheless, I'm just too passionate about my studies that I decided to attend the lesson. Went to canteen 1 again to drink soup and eat rice. This time I tried the black chicken herbal soup and it tasted fabulous. I think the soups gave me a taste of home. Everytime I drink the soups, I think of home, far far away from this place. =( Okay..this is getting lame.

Black Chicken Herbal Soup for lunch.
After that, went to the foreign language school for lesson only to find out that the main gate is locked. Today is a public holiday for the Chinese students as it is Qing Ming festival, so it's not surprising that the school is so deserted and the gate is locked. We then entered the building through the back gate. Mr Chua went through the APPG chapters for final test.
After lessons, went to Hua Tai Jie again for dinner. This time, we bought tang yuan and jian jiao(fried dumplings) again. Today, we received special treatment again!! The auntie gave us each 1 extra tang yuan again. In addition, she gave us extra 11 dumplings FOC. LOL..Eat till full. I think when I return to Singapore, I will miss the auntie and her tang yuans.
Went supermarket opposite the school to buy some stuffs to restock our food supply. Don't know is it because it is a public holiday, the queue at the supermarket was exceptionally long today.

Collection of Dove chocolates and others.

Obervations today. The Chinese can be very friendly afterall. One example is the tang yuan auntie. She gave us 11 dumplings even though she was running a business and she might suffer a loss. She knew that we always visit her stall, so she treat us that well.


No comments:

Post a Comment